Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Lover's Rain

There is a piece that I wrote, about a week before the floods happened in Colorado...
Before we knew that danger was coming, there was one night (maybe two) of perfect, beautiful, heart catching rain. . . . I walked in it. . . . laughed in it. . . recorded sounds of the  (still innocently thundering) storm on my phone, to keep as a natural sleep melody . . . I sat on my front step, and breathed in, as much as possible, of that sweet, nostalgic rain smell. . . it reminded me of early childhood days in Alaska, and Oregon. . . . a scent that always tells me, that "everything is, and will be well". . . . .tells me I am loved, always. . . .
Rain has always been, a deeply spiritual experience for me. . . . an anchoring place of romance. . . and of centering peace.
-I had to write. . . .because I could so clearly feel the saturating goodness, and unwavering heart of our Creator, in the raindrops. . . . it carried me away.
-
A lot of things took place, after that night. . . .
-
-So, now, in the midst of destructive waters receding....and an officially declared natural disaster.... (it is being called a 500 year flood(?) .....with an unbelievable amount of damage, and heartache all over the area......I want to acknowledge, a redeeming love, caring for us, in the midst of it all.....there is nothing to say, that will explain, or brush over the effects of this flood.....it is terrible, and it's effects are devastating, to the land, and to many people of Colorado....but I believe that we are all loved, and cherished by our Creator, and I am in awe, of the way that I, and so many others, have been divinely protected, and provided for, in the midst of this crazy moment in history.....we are loved..
-
-Below, is a meditative poem from before the floods...
-
-
-
-
--A Lover's Rain--
-
-
Thunder rolls over Colorado..
Deep sky echoing, through our sacred mountain land.

Rhythmic, sounds of downpour..
Like a Lover, bringing my heart to rest.

I breathe fully inward..
Melted by the sweet, saturating smell of rain...
Mist..
Homeward...

Falling asleep, between billowing folds,
Of sky torn roaring..

Lightning is a bright, and lovely lullaby.

-
-
-

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Jess- thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete