Tuesday, February 12, 2013

El Dorado


-
-
Yellow scarf around my neck..
Muddy boots, and happy heart.
Something makes me want to ride horses.
Stopping at every corner to take pictures.

Waking up my heart again.
Found a trail that runs deep,
through hills I've been waiting to explore.

I draw in new breath, Yours returning to my lungs.
Heart beats quicker, remembering the pleasure of movement.
I feel alive.

Light catches glow on living blades of grass,
Golden pale, warming reflective surfaces,
A sunlit cascade, hillside serenade..
-
Igniting every color in me.

Nature sings in cadence.
I hear our quiet...hear You breathe.

Dirt rustles under my feet,
telling of delight.
These rocks hold mysteries
older than my body, but not my soul.

Heaven's sound, in a chorus of pure mountain air...I'm listening.

Swaying pull of adventure,
pleading always, for just a few more steps..
I can't turn back until both our hearts are satisfied.

Your creation is poetry, waiting to be written.
(I'm on a mission...to find it's treasure.)

This wild belongs to You.
Land rolling in such intricate dimension..

Sky, bright as a Father's smile,
reminding me to keep walking,
past a voice that says:
"Better go back. You'll only get lost".

There is freedom to explore,
Lose sight of where we started.
-
I won't get lost with You..
-
-
-

No comments:

Post a Comment